|Linksys WRT300N Wireless-N Broadband Router. Internet-sharing Wireless-N (draft 802.11n) Router with MIMO technology provides up to 12 times faster wireless network throughput, reduces dead spots, and increases wireless range by up to 4 times. Includes WP
- FEATURES- Wireless-N Broadband Router
- Start a Wireless Network With Up To 4X the Range and 12X the Speed!
- The Wireless-N Broadband Router is really three devices in one box.
- First, there's the Wireless Access Point, which lets you connect to the network without wires.
- There's also a built-in 4-port full- duplex 10/100 Switch to connect your wired-Ethernet devices together.
- Finally, the Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share a high-speed cable or DSL Internet connection.
- The Access Point built into the Router uses the very latest wireless networking technology, Wireless-N (draft 802.11n).
- By overlaying the signals of multiple radios, Wireless-N's "Multiple In, Multiple Out" (MIMO) technology multiplies the effective data rate.
- Unlike ordinary wireless networking technologies that are confused by signal reflections, MIMO actually uses these reflections to increase the range and reduce "dead spots" in the wireless coverage area.
- The robust signal travels farther, maintaining wireless connections up to 4 times farther than standard Wireless-G.
- With Wireless-N, the farther away you are, the more speed advantage you get.
- It works great with standard Wireless-G and -B equipment, but when both ends of the wireless link are Wireless-N, the router can increase the throughput even more by using twice as much radio band, yielding speeds up to 12 times as fast as standard Wireless-G.
- But unlike other speed-enhanced technologies, Wireless-N can dynamically enable this double-speed mode for Wireless-N devices, while still connecting to other wireless devices at their respective fastest speeds.
- In congested areas, the "good neighbor" mode ensures that the Router checks for other wireless devices in the area before gobbling up the radio band.
- To help protect your data and privacy, the Router can encode all wireless transmissions with industrial-strength 256-bit encryption.
- It can serve as your network's DHCP Server, has a powerful SPI firewall to protect your PCs against intruders and most known Internet attacks, and supports VPN pass-through.
- Configuration is a snap with the web browser-based configuration utility.
- The incredible speed of Wireless-N makes it ideal for media-centric applications like streaming video, gaming, and Voice over IP telephony, and gives you plenty of headroom to run multiple media- intense data streams through the network at the same time, with no degradation in performance.
- With the Linksys Wireless-N Broadband Router at the center of your home or office network, you can share a high-speed Internet connection, files, printers, and multi-player games, and run media-intensive applications at faster than 10/100 wired network speeds, without the hassle of stringing wires!
- Includes Wireless-N Broadband Router, Setup CD-ROM with Norton Internet Security, User Guide on CD-ROM, Ethernet Network Cable, Power Adapter.
- * Internet-sharing Router and 4-port Switch, with a built in speed and range enhanced Wireless Access Point.
- * MIMO technology uses multiple radios to create a robust signal that travels up to 4 times farther and reduces dead spots.
- * Up to 12 times faster than Wireless-G, but also works great with Wireless-G and -B devices.
- * Advanced wireless security with up to 256-bit encryption, and your network protected from Internet attacks by a powerful SPI firewall.
- -- SPECIFICATIONs -----------------------------------
- STANDARDS - Draft 802.11n, 802.11g, 802.11b, 802.3, 802.3u
- CONNECTORS - Power, Internet, Ethernet
- BUTTONS - Reset
- CABLE TYPE - CAT5
- INDICATORS - LEDs for Power, Internet, Ethernet (1-4), Wireless
- ANTENNA - 3TRANSMIT POWER- 17 dBm
- ANTENNA GAIN - 2 dBiUPnP ABLE/CERT- able
- SECURITY - Up to 256-bit wireless encryption 64-bit, 128-bit, 256-bit
- REQUIREMENTS - Internet Explorer 5.5 or Firefox 1.0 CD-ROM Drive Windows 2000 or XP Network Adapter
- APPROVALS - FCC, CE, IC-03POWER SOURCE - 12 volt, 1 amp
- DIMENSIONS - 7.40" x 1.57" x 6.93" WT.- 18.6 oz.